I am currently accepting requests for commissioned paintings. The process to create each piece of art varies between each commission and each customer, but in general:
First decide if I’m an artist whose style reflects what you are looking for. Please look through my “Artwork” section and be confident that I produce images that reflect your taste and personality. My art tends to be whimsical, bright, playful and uses lots of dots & swirls. Notice there are no portraits or realistic renderings.
If you’re interested in purchasing custom art, please, don’t hesitate to contact me!
Decide on the size of the painting
• FYI I tend to work on larger canvas sizes starting at 20”x30”.
• I suggest cutting a piece of paper (or newspaper) and pinning it to your wall to decide what the ideal size is for your space.
Decide the subject of the painting
• If there is another painting on my website that you would like something similar, let me know.
• It would be helpful for me if you can provide as many thoughts or images that help communicate specific considerations you have.
• Please let me know if you have a timeline I need to consider before we start. Many past commissions have been gifts for birthdays, anniversaries or holidays. If I can’t meet your due date I will let you know right away.
The creative process
• Once I have the size and details you provide, I’ll come up with a black/white sketch to show my idea for arranging elements on the canvas dimensions along with a price quote.
• Once the sketch(s) are approved by you I’ll begin painting.
• I tend to take the approved sketch to the finished painting in one step. When I have a finished painting, I provide a low-res jpeg showing the art for your approval. There is no pressure to purchase if what I create isn’t what you are expecting. I aim for 100% satisfaction. I want you to be happy with the art you purchase!
• If the art is approved by you, you will make the full payment for the painting.
• Payment is due upon approval of the image of the finished artwork.
• Payment can be made via check, cash, or bank deposit.
• No upfront payments are required, unless custom materials are needed.
• The cost of the commission includes the original artwork only. The copyright remains with me, the artist. I often produce prints and products of my original artworks.
• Packaging and shipping costs are paid for by the customer. I can provide a price quote before the painting process begins.
• All paintings to be shipped are packaged in custom made heavy-duty boxes to insure your painting arrives in perfect condition.
• Any art requiring shipping is via FedEx, with tracking and insurance included.